Saturday, July 4, 2009
All the cutting for the 12 scrapbook kits is finished! In the next couple days I can concentrate on directions - but it's kind of self explanatory when you can see the example, so it shouldn't be too hard. The only things I didn't cut were simple cuts, like a tree trunk and photo mats. We only have about an hour for this activity, so I tried to do a lot here, so they didn't spend all their time cutting. I cut the title and a few other things directly on xyron backing so they don't have to worry about trying to glue letters to the mat, and then the mats to the papers - those can be tricky things, those letters. Hopefully what they'll get to spend most of their time doing is the fun stuff - stamping and coloring. They can cut out the images they colored there if they have time, or they can do it at home. I've placed everything in 2.5 gallon plastic zip closure bags so it should be nice and camp proof so they can add pictures when they get home! Monday I need to pick up another roll of adhesive and some ink, and I should be good to go as far as supplies go. Yay me!