Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Serendipity Stamps Design Team Submission, pt 1

I need to divide my submission projects since I can only upload five pics at a time, so there's part one and part two :D I did three variations of this card, two have already been posted, this is the one that I chose to submit - it showcased the detail of SS dandelion best. I used a rubber brayer and created a graduated blue background. The blue gets lighter towards the bottom, and I threw in some purple near the top to darken it a bit. I used glossy cs for this trick. The dandelion and thinking of you is stamped in purple. I used gre to stamp the pixie on white paper, and again on pink, and a then vellum. I colored the pixie's hair, skin, and wings then cut her dress out from the pink paper, then the wings from vellum. I didn't line up the wings, but put them at an angle. Added green cs across the bottom, placed pixie on top of that and under the dandelion. I really like this notebook. I wanted to see if I could make it, and since I liked how it turned out I gave it to my friend for Mother's Day :D I covered chipboard with brown paper, and then layered pink on top. Both the brown and the pink were edged in brown. I embossed the iris on white and then used water colored pencils and a water brush to color the image. I applied two layers of crackle paint to the pink paper, in two different colors. I placed the cut out iris on the front, and embossed the words Cultivate Love (this is a SS image too). I did a back cover in similar fashion, and cut lined paper to fit the note book. On the back cover I added elastic to fold over and keep the note book together. I used my bind it all to bind it. This is a two page scrapbook layout I submitted. I the bottles and booties are stamped and then colored with water brush and ink, and some extra texture and shading I did with water color pencils. I also used a sponge and various blues to color the back ground on both sides. The bootie on this side was stamped onto a piece of cs and then adhered over the striped paper. I attached a brad above it and then drew in the "wire" that's holding the square to the brad. I used my black water color pencil and went over it lightly with my water brush.
I did the same thing for the "wire" above the Lookin' Good on this page. On the bottom I masked off off two sections when I sponged the blue on. Then I stamed the bootie in those two white squares. I shaded the side of the white and added a faux brad to the white square using the black watercolor pencils.
I really like this card. The design is simple and clean and the supply list is SHORT! You need two pieces of paper (one for the card and a glossy piece for the mask), two colors of ink, and two stamps. I stamped four roses on the left over cs after I cut out my card base, I cut these out for later. I stamped the rose on glossy cs and cut that one out to use as my mask. I stamped a rose in the corner then got out my mask. I covered up my center flower and stamped on both sides. I repeated this for the three other corners. Then I stamped my saying in the middle. I used foam tape to mount the other four roses. See? Simple.

No comments:

Post a Comment