Thursday, May 21, 2009

I Made a Clock

I made this a few months back, but I was really happy with how it turned out, so I wanted to post it. Sorry about the glare. I sealed it with mod podge so the flash reflects back. I got the clock kit at Hobby Lobby. Covered it. Cut out numbers and the corner scrolls with my wb. The corners are a file from Butterfly Designs at I coated the corners with crackle paint and let them dry. I popped the numbers out and put them aside. I used the paper they were cut from as a stencil for the numbers, again, crackle paint. I added some more paint, did some sanding, and then inked the center. For the circle, I printed directly onto some patterned paper I had lying around and then cut it out. I used colored pencils to color in the grapes and shadow the words a little more, then inked the edge of the circle so it stood out more from the back ground. Then when it was all dry, I added the clock pieces and asked Paul to hang it :D

No comments:

Post a Comment