Thursday, January 7, 2010

Some December Work that Kept Me Busy

As a gift for a friend to use as a gift. Does that make sense? She wanted it earlier in the year, but I wasn't able to do it then, so I decided to surprise her for Christmas :) This is my first try at making a single page layout designed for framing and hanging. I played with the pics a little in elements and added the framing and the backgrounds. The monkeys (leaves and bananas) are stamped, colored with prismacolor pencils, and then cut out. All the words are done with my wishblade. Without the frame: With the frame. These frames are made specifically for scrapbook pages. They accommodate layering and many 3-D embellishments. You can't tell, but this is a giant poster I made for our women's get together for December. We made arrangements with a local women's shelter to come in and decorate for Christmas, bring a full Christmas dinner, Santa showed up, and then we worked on a craft with the women and children. I snuggled a baby and rocked him to sleep instead of helping with the craft though. It was a wonderful night. This is our third year, and I think there will be many more to come. I used a gingerbread house file from Butterfly Designs (found on paperthreads.com) to make the house, but I had to be tricky because of the size, but I did it. This is just a simple card I did for Emma's guitar teacher. She seemed to like it.
That's part of what kept me busy during December.
Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment