Monday, January 4, 2010

Loved the Book Burning Alive

and I' m sure that, like most people, I have a genre I'm comfortable in, one that's my favorite, as well as other genres I like, but not quite as much. For me, that genre is paranormal romance...yes...I'm a romance junkie, but I like mine served up with vampires, shifters, and other alpha type males. One of the joys of reading is finding something new in a genre you adore...I found one this weekend. It's a book called Burning Alive by Shannon K. Butcher, it's part of a series called The Sentinel Wars. Basic concept: There's three races guarding and protecting humans from the Synestryn (bad beasties and things that go bump and slurp in the night). One of those races is dying out because no children have been born to them in centuries, and their women were wiped out by the Synestryn. One of these men stumbles across a woman who can help. She helps him. She can help his people. Here's the caveat - she's pretty sure he's going to kill her so she's leery of him. It seems that the one thing all the books I fall for have in common is a beginning where our hero meets his counterpart and decides he's keeping her. I don't know what it is, but I like it! I even remarked to my husband - "he said he's going to keep her, you know this is going to be a good book now!" I wasn't disappointed. It had a great balance of light and dark, scenes that made me laugh, and others that made me cry. A great new world, original ideas but still humming with the basics that have me addicted to reading this genre. If you're looking for something to read, something original, I would recommend this book.

No comments:

Post a Comment