Monday, September 7, 2009

Some Artwork

My husband had a birthday on Saturday - Happy Birthday baby! I used a castle stencil and the stamp is from Coronado Island stamps. Now that I look at this card, it doesn't look like it should have taken me as long as it did to make it :) But, considering I traced, colored, cut out the stencil pieces, and applied them to the card front I guess I shouldn't be to surprised ;) Serendipity Stamps is having a monochromatic challange. I thought it would be fun to play too, not only did I have a blast, I used up some scraps! I think every paper element on this card was a scrap of some sort - even the oval was cut out when I came across it, just begging to be used. I used the small Flowers - hydrangea cling set, cultivate love, and serendipity stamps. I also cut out the queen anne's lace and butterfly and used foam tape to lift them up a bit for added depth, and of course, stickles!
Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment