Monday, March 29, 2010

Writing Updates

Today I'm going to start reworking Claimed, book one. After playing with the characters in book two, I realized my vampire guy in book one isn't as dark or edgy as I like my vamps to be. I also realized that although there's some conflict between the characters in book one, it's passive – situational. I like a more active conflict between the characters, something for them to overcome, not just something they wait for to pass so they can be together.

I'm changing one scene, which in essence deletes it, and completely changes my heroine's personality. She was too compliant, too laid back and…nice. Nice might be good in real life, but it's not usually what I want to read. I want to read about flawed characters overcoming flawed situations, that's what sucks me in. A misunderstanding or two doesn't hurt either.

Changing the scene, which changes her personality, then changes the storyline a bit, because, of course, her actions are going to be different than they were before. This should be fun, but I have to be honest, it's a little daunting…Wish me luck!

Have a great day, and thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment