Thursday, March 4, 2010

Fernando Frame Layout

My friend Nancy asked me to do this as a birthday gift for her husband, whose brother passed away in 2001. It was an honor to work on something so special for her, and I hope I did his memory justice. I always worry about that when I work on things like this. She emailed me and told me she liked it, and had two more for me to do, which was the best compliment she could have given me I think. I used paper from DCWV Old World Stack for the blue. I used brown and grey cs I had on hand. I stamped the edge of the blue paper with a swirl stamp from 7 Gypsies Nottinghill set, and used quite a few stamps from Autumn Leaves Gypsy Style. I used Burgundy stickles to pop those stamps and add color. I used rhinestones in the corners and between the smaller pictures, added red eyelets to the black ribbon as well as a stick pin. I cut the letters in grey cs, added multiple shades of blue and more, then matted them on brown cs. Added the frame and 10 hours later, I was done :) Close up of the letters, I was pretty happy with how they turned out. I'm not a good judge when it comes to the color blue, so it took me a little work to make it likable for me, but in the end, I was pretty happy with the results. Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

  1. beautiful alta. love how you are using your talent. very special. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you :) She's requested another two, so I get to play some more. Need the paper to keep me sane from the words. I've found I need to balance writing with a few other things or I'm out of sorts.

    ReplyDelete