Thursday, August 20, 2009

Compulsion, by Jennifer Chase

I wanted to leave this review on Amazon, but apparently you have to buy something before you can, so I'm leaving my review here (I know, not as helpful) and it's on goodreads.com as well. 4 stars Where to start? I liked the book, however, I'm not a fan of present tense, it just throws me for some reason, I don't know why. That's not a deficiency of the book, just a personal preference of mine :)That preference aside, it was a good story. There were twists and turns in the plot. Some I saw coming, others I didn't. There were times I was confident in what I thought would happen, only to doubt myself a few pages later. I love to try to figure out who did it, and how an author's going to wrap things up, and when the author surprises me, that's a good thing. For those of you who are fans of true crime shows, I think you'll like this book, I could almost hear the man with the deep voice reading the book, as if it was the narration for one of those shows. I like Emily, alot. It was good to see her motivations, and to see her strength of will and her character, I wish Emily Stone really existed, we could use more people like her.

No comments:

Post a Comment