Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Veteran's Day

A thank you to soldiers past and present. To those I've known, those I've heard about, and those whose heroism is known only to God. My Dad served in the Air Force for 20 years, I got to travel the world and have experiences some people only dream of. My grandfather was Navy. I have friends that served bravely in various branches of the military. My brother-in-law served in the Army. My cousin passed away while serving the Navy, and currently serving; Cousin: Brandon - Navy (just returned from a tour of duty in Iraq) Sister: JoAnn - Navy (bootcamp) Forthcoming: Brother: John - Navy. I'm sure there are people I've forgotten, but whether I know you or not, I thank you for your service, for doing the hard thing at times when your country asks it of you. For being scared witless and still doing your job, for leaving those who mean the most to you for months on end, to protect strangers and people who call you names and belittle your sacrifices. Your sacrifices have not gone unnoticed in our home. We give thanks to the Almighty for you, we pray for your families and your safety, and most of all, we pray for your safe return to the arms of those who love and miss you. Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment