Tuesday, February 16, 2010

While I'm waiting

I had to uninstal AVG and now I'm reinstalling it, and while I wait I figured I'd read or upload a pic. But then it occurred to me, that I'm having a hard time getting through the beginning of this book I'm trying to read. It's the latest from the Ghostwalker series by Christine Feehan. I like her, I've read all of her Dark series books as well as her Ghostwalker and Leopard people books. I have a complaint about this one though. I know. I'm an aspiring writer, she's a very established one, who am I to criticize? Anyway, here's my one complaint so far; I'm on page 105, and they're still in the same location they were in on page one. They characters have gotten reaquainted, a couple bad guys have been taken out, (that was towards the beginning) and they've talked, and had a quick flash back, and done lots and lots of internal dialoguing. I need them to move on. I don't know if something about the writing has changed or if it's me, but the last book in the Dark series felt off too, like it hadn't been polished as much as the other ones. I don't know. These are just my musings. I'm going to jump back in and read and hope they get out of the chick's warehouse soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment