Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Halloween Time!

It's one of my favorite times of the year. You can dress up however you want, and no one cares! "It must be their costume," they say. Or, "It's a little early, but still, it is October." Of course there's always one or two people you run across that have no idea what the big deal about Halloween is, and they look at you funny.
We just ignore them. Maybe they grew up too fast and forgot how to be a kid, so we keep moving on.

One of my favorite costumes and Halloween memories would be my vampire pixie costume :)
My first attempt at writing a novel brings a fae woman and a vampire together. If they had a daughter, she might have looked like I did then. I drove to the haunted house my brother-in-law put together to help. On the way there, I stopped for a red light (you're supposed to, you know) and two little girls in the car next to me looked over. Their eyes lit up and they waved.

I waved back, and smiled. They were momentarily shocked at the fangs, but then broke into laughter. Their dad didn't get it.

Speaking of fangs...I had a dentist appt in October. Wore the fangs. One of the ladies there helped me put them on before the doc came back. He was a little surprised to say the least. Now they're curious every Halloween, what I'll show up in next.

This year, you'll have to wait and see, but not too long. It's in the next post.
Happy haunting everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment