Thursday, July 8, 2010

Some Updates

I have to say, I'm really looking forward to this month. It's July, the 7th month, an odd number. Why is that important? Because something hugely stressful (in a bad way) has hit me in every even month this year. It's time for a break :D So. Got my hair cut. Donated 10 inches to locks of love. Lost a lot more than that! But it was change, and on my terms. Change has rarely entered my life with my blessing this year. Instead, it's snuck up to my front door, then gone all "shock and awe" on it. Stuff we didn't even see coming. Not all change is bad, and I have to remind myself of that sometimes. Last check, my flash fiction entry, I Vampire Kissed a Girl, and I Liked It, is at the top with 30% of the votes. I was so happy to crack that 30% mark. There's still 16 days for more entries to pop up and change the numbers. Still 16 days for the rest of the authors to get their friends and family to the site to vote. I'm not taking anything for granted. If you've voted, thank you. If not, would you consider it? You can vote at www.vampirekissed.com. You get one vote per device. If you voted in the very beginning, there's a chance you may be able to vote again. They updated the voting/polls. Kept the percentages, not the details of who voted. Hitting the road this month. Get to see family and new places. Should be fun. So glad it's not an even month, we'd really be tempting fate! Today, I received one of the highest compliments I could have as a beginning writer. I now have a fan page. I didn't beg or bribe for it. I didn't make it. I met a great group of girls in the row behind me at the midnight showing of Eclipse. They've been a lot of fun, and very supportive. I think the fan page is Alta Durrant Fans!! on Facebook. Stop on by and see us, we'd love to say hi. So, that's my July, and it's only the 8th. Hope you all have had a great July so far too!

No comments:

Post a Comment